TMAI is devoted to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when accessing your information, you can be assured that such information will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
TMAI has a firm policy of protecting the confidentiality and security of information we collect from our seafarers. We do not share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties. Information is only shared with your consent in accordance with all applicable laws. Please read this policy statement carefully. It gives you important information about how we handle your personal information.
TMAI reserves the right to change this policy statement at any time.
USE OF INFORMATION
We limit the collection and use of personal information to the minimum we believe is necessary in the various document processes for your contractual employment.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We obtain most personal information directly from you whether in person, by telephone or electronically. We may obtain the following information:
- First name, middle name and last name
- Contact information, including home address, email address, business address, home telephone numbers, business telephone numbers and mobile numbers
- Marital status
- Education details
- Welfare benefit information, including SSS/PhilHealth/Pag-IBIG Numbers
- Banking information for allotment purposes
- Next of kin information, including full names of your Father, Mother, Spouse and Children
- Seaman document information, including details of your seaman’s book, passport, national license, flag-state documents, training certificates and travel
We do not disclose any kind of personal information except when it is required for your contractual employment or when disclosure is required by law. Except in those specific, limited situations, without your consent, we will not make any disclosures of personal information to unaffiliated third parties.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information for the various document processes necessary for your contractual employment.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place physical, electronic and procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not disclose or release your personal information to unaffiliated third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.